For my next challenge I want to take a photo of a water droplet with my macro lens. For one, I'd like to use my lens. And two it always looks like a cool pic. I think I'm about to discover why it's only professionals that take a good pic of a water droplet splash. But before I get to that, I suppose I should reveal one of my most embarrassing moments. You know, for the scary factor of the day. When I was in std 2, I accidentally farted really loudly in class. And when everyone turned to look at my red face, I pointed at the guy sitting next to me. So sorry guy, I guess that one was on me.
Onto the photo! First you have to find the right light. Then a vessel to make the droplet. So basically the kitchen. And the kitchen tap. Check. Preparation is key. Husband spots me in the kitchen. Wants a snack. Dammit. Gotta be quieter. Pour water into the amc potlid. Water cloudy dammit. Wait for water to clear. Doesn't work, try a glass instead.
First few times are duds. I keep missing it. Out of focus. Adjust my position. Then i realise i have to watch the droplet fall with my other eye. And then finally! I got it! Four beautiful shots of a water droplet hitting the surface of the water. :) Yay!
Friday, May 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment