Friday, May 31, 2013

8. Donate blood

This will be my second time donating blood. The first time i felt very dizzy and light headed. Had to lay with my legs in the air for a while. SO here I am trying it again just to get that nurse off my back that keeps calling to ask me for blood. And ofcourse to scare myself. I told them the last time that their snacks sucked, so I hope they have improved from that ridiculous fruit cake and suspicious looking juice boxes. Here goes my blood...

I'm back! Completed the forms and got hooked up to the machine. The nurses are so efficient and professional. I felt nothing with the Aids test prick as well as the massive needle that channels your blood into a little plastic pouch. They give you a steel handle to squeeze, makes the blood pump faster. Make some small talk with my colleagues. Pump pump. Dare the lady next to me to race to the finish. Pump faster. She wins. Dammit! Turns out she's donating for 10 years already. Plus she was wearing tight arm underwear making the blood gush. Any way, it was so much smoother and easier than the last time. And the snacks, better biscuits. Juice box - same. Verdict, i'll do it again. And so should you. Here's the evidence. Peace :)




No comments: