Please don't see just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies
Please see me reaching out for someone I can't see
Take my hand let's see where we wake up tomorrow
Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand
I'd be damned Cupid's demanding back his arrow
So let's get drunk on our tears and
God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?
Who are we? Just a speck of dust within the galaxy?
Woe is me, if we're not careful turns into reality
Don't you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow
Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer
Turn the page maybe we'll find a brand new ending
Where we're dancing in our tears and
God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?
I thought I saw you out there crying
I thought I heard you call my name
I thought I heard you out there crying
Just the same
God, give us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and this lamb is on the run
I wish I had the words to explain just how deep this song is. Close your eyes and let it wash over you. Let the words soak in and permeate every corner of your mind. Everything about it just makes me want to fly, makes me want to soar, makes me happy from the inside to my edges.
When i first heard it in the movie Begin Again, i just knew this is THAT movie. You know which movie I mean, the kind of movie you can't shake. It grabs you and makes you a different person. Makes you want to be better, makes you want to live harder, love crazier.
It was the perfect vessel for the perfect song. One of the things i loved was that the movie had no nudity or lewdness it was just human frailty and strength wrapped in amazing melodies. It makes you cry, makes you cheer and makes you believe.
Who are we really? We are here for a fraction of a moment in time. Don't let the memories make you sad. Everything about being here is beautiful. And youth, it is wasted on the young. We are in the best physical shape when our minds are most under developed. Imagine for a second we were all Benjamin Buttons we would have a lifetime of experience in a young body! We would have the meaning and answers to all our questions or at least most of them. We would have a lifetime of accumulated wealth and adventures and at the dusk of our lives enjoy the last decade or so fully energised and focused.
I suppose if we could all map out how we wished to live the life we were given it would all be different. Like timeshare. We would swop and trade and barter and sell. Some things are best left outside our scope of manipulation as we can be frivolous and serious in equal amounts.
If i can leave you with just one thought, watch this movie. It says everything and more, but with pictures and music. It's a smorgasbord for your soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment