Thursday, June 6, 2013

14. Free me.

When I look at images like these, I think wow, I wonder what it feels like to be that free... 
How does one get there? Completely true to yourself. Raw self expression. We have to peel away the layers of expectation and sense of duty that's been imposed on us since the day we were born. We fight so hard to fit in, to be accepted and loved. Sometimes people can be very cruel to those who do not conform. So we shy away from anything that is different or would make us stand out in a crowd. 
And inevitably we lose ourselves in the mundane. We move further and further away from that side of ourselves that would dare to dye our hair yellow and orange. Before you know it you've become one of those that mock and scorn those who dare to be unique. For now it's still something I admire from afar, but some day soon... My hair will be yellow, green and orange. Just because I feel like it. :) 

No comments: