After two days of non stop socializing my good intentions have been severely eroded. The rest of the weekends entertainment will have to go on pause cause I need a break! I haven't even done any reading or watching of Sarah Connor chronicles as yet. I mean what are long weekends for if not to veg and read and snack. I feel robbed!
Another event I completely forgot about is taking place this evening. My high school reunion. At some stage I did feel some nostalgic surges that made me feel as though I might like to attend. But as I paged through the number of people that have accepted the Facebook event notice it dawned on me that I had no idea who these people were? Was I even at the same school? I recognized probably 5 names out of more than 300. It got me thinking about who I was back in high school. What if the high school I remember was not the high school that I actually attended. What if over the years I had chiseled away at the true memory and left behind a smooth, soft edged, rose tinted version. After all there are always three versions of the truth, yours, the other persons and the truth.
So I decided to forego attending the event for fear of being reminded of the horror that might have been high school. That awkward phase in your life when emotions run high, acceptance is so important and any rejections are taken personally. I will review the photos later to see everyone's faces and perhaps then I will remember. Or at least remember enough to have a good giggle at how people have aged and gotten fat. Hehe:)
Besides I wouldn't dream of attending without my glam glam bestest bestie who's living in Korea now. He is the Data to my Captain Picard! .... And right there I realize why I don't know those people. I was part of the geek squad. The nerds who actually did their homework and loved learning. I'll catch up with my fellow high schoolers at the next TED talk. :)
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment