Is there such a thing as too much socializing? Over this long weekend, I'm facing two birthday parties, one wedding, a Father's Day lunch and a braai. Having just come from my nieces 7th birthday, I am already all partied out. Social events sometimes fill me with a degree of angst. I often wonder why that is? There is always something else I'd much rather be doing. The irony is that when I miss it, I'm filled with regret afterwards. And when I do go I have a great time, well most times.
Perhaps for this weekend I need to change my thinking. Instead of facing it with a dubious mind, I should relish and embrace the opportunity to interact with others. I've become a social recluse I suspect. And that is what I need to challenge about myself.
I've always believed we have the ability to change ourselves. Much like our body can heal itself, we can evolve into the person we wish to become. We can make a better version of ourselves.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
William Ernest Henley
Invictus
Friday, June 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment