Thursday, June 13, 2013

21. The art of smart

According to Warren Buffett if you wish to be smarter, you have to read a lot everyday. But not just read, read and think. You have to exercise your brain and force it to think differently. So for my next trick, hehe I mean challenge, I'm going to endeavor to read one book a week. At first it will have to be for pleasure only for I fear if I jump start into a "thinking" kind of book I might flat line my already numb brain.

So I will now put into use the skills I learnt in a speed reading course I recently completed. Speed reading is something everyone should learn. Imagine how much we could learn if we could read faster. The contestants in a speed reading competition are capable of reading one page per second! All you need to do is train your eyes to move faster. The brain is already that fast. If I had to use an analogy, your brain is a Porsche and when you read slowly you are walking next to it with high heels on, carrying a tray of coffee and a backpack while looking behind you. Google it. Learn how to speed read, you won't regret it.

So on my trusty Kindle I have 354 books. Some fiction, some biographies, some junk. Let the reading begin!

Anyone keen to start a book club? :)

No comments: