Tuesday, June 25, 2013

27. Ill

Nursing a sick baby doesn't leave you much time to be ill yourself. So I've been crushed by the cold winter and succumbed to the flu. All priorities are suddenly rearranged to accommodate the healing process.

When I first heard of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, it made some sense but I had no idea of its practical implications and how it becomes a way of life. But now I see it all the time, everything gets assigned its time and its priority and we do it without even thinking. It's like a human code. If you can identify which need requires fulfillment you can manipulate anyone! Like machines.

Anywhooo, I have loads of reading to do. Snacks to devour, series to watch and of course some sleep in between.

But before that I leave you with a question... In an episode of SCC a robot stated that humans are ultimately flawed since we can store infinite amounts of information but when we die its all gone. So my question is, if you had the opportunity would you download your brain?

Personally I think a clean slate works better, but it could be my aversion to all things technological. Imagine all the storage, power and cabling required for such an exercise? Perhaps sometime in the future we will be offered a choice. Who wouldn't love to experience a childhood moment again, or see someone they've lost? Imagine you could page through your memories? Imagine.

No comments: